WHEN: Monday July 17- Friday July 21, 2017, 9am-3pm
WHAT: A 5-day “day camp”/program for adults to learn about jazz performance and showcase their results on the 5th day!
- Perform on the afternoon of July 21, 2017, and then head over to the performances at the Uptown Waterloo Jazz Festival!
- Singers: learn to sing the jazz standards and vocal jazz technique!
- Instrumentalists: explore playing in jazz style, soloing, and play for the singers!
- Learn from local “jazzers” Mary-Catherine Pazzano (jazz singer), Tim Louis (jazz singer/pianist), accompanist Don Buchanan, and others!
WHERE: The Beckett School @ Wilfrid Laurier University: 190 Lester St, Waterloo
WHO: Singers and instrumentalists who are interested in learning about jazz performance in a group setting.
- Singers: No prior musical experience required.
- Instrumentalists: Facility on your instrument required.
- Are you a choral singer curious about the world of jazz?
- Are you a classically trained singer or instrumentalist wanting to cross over into jazz territory?
- Are you someone who has never sung, but has loved listening to jazz?
- Are you someone who has always wanted to express themselves on their instrument as a solo player?
- If your answer is yes to any of these questions, Jazz for Adults is for you!
WHY: Because it’s never too late to try something new!
HOW: Keep in the loop with instructor Mary-Catherine Pazzano, by sending her your email address: email@example.com. She will send you a registration form.
- Questions? Email Mary-Catherine or call: 519-577-5192. Learn more here!